Monday, February 6, 2012

Giant Sour Grapes

OK, OK, Yeah, Yeah, the NY Football Giants beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. I'm not gonna complain, they won fairly. They made some great plays. I am a Patriots fan, they are my team. But really, is this what the NFL wants to represent the league as Champions? Come on, the NYF Giants were 9-7 in the regular season, they barely made it into the playoffs, they lost to the Redskins and the Seahawks at home this season. They were ready to fire their coach by week 9. The problem I have is with the league parity, last year Seattle made it into the playoffs on a 7-9 record, Denver made it this year because they won the 3 way tie-breaker with two other teams and they lost their last 3 regular season games. Is this really a way to showcase the best of the best? I don't think so, Commissioner Goodell. The whole league seems really thin to me. A few plays one way or another for so many teams and it would flip things around. Regular season means nothing - and then you make a few plays, your opponent make a few bad plays, you just get hot in the playoffs and voila! -- you're a champion too.

Some day we're gonna get a couple of two 8-8 teams battle it out for The Vince Lombardi Trophy and I think Vince would ask for his name to be taken of the trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment